To address this, the team at Tredence used the following approach:
- Outbound Forecast: Outbound forecasts are generated using machine learning algorithms for each FC at Category level to enable the clients to do operations planning a month in advance
- Carrier Scheduler: Carrier scheduler is built based on the nuances corresponding to each carrier to enable the client plan outbound shipment a month in advance at trailer level on an hourly basis
- Interactive Solution: An interactive solution is incorporated to adjust the forecast numbers based on any trade promotions or FC ramp-up at all the levels
- FC Planning: This tool helps FC Managers to plan labour in advance. It provides quantity forecast for the next 8 weeks
- Carrier Planning: This tool helps in trailer scheduling at hourly level. The scheduling information is provided for different carriers as well
- Merchant Targets: This tool incorporates the targets set by Merchants and breaks it down at the day level for better planning. It aligned all the business units under the same platform for the first time.